- The privacy of visitors to our website www.aleia.io is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting it. This policy details what we do with your personal information.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com)
C- Collection of Personal Information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referring source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information such as your name and e-mail address, which you enter to subscribe to our e-mails and/or newsletters;
- Information that you enter when you use the services on our website;
- Information generated during the use of our site, including when, how often and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information contained in any communications you send to us by e-mail or on our website, including their content and metadata;
- Any other personal information you provide to us.
The www.aleia.io website is hosted by OVH Canada, whose head office is located at 1801 McGill College Ave. Suite 800, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2N4 Canada
The host can be contacted at the following telephone number: 1-855-684-5463
Before disclosing personal information about another individual to us, you must obtain that individual’s consent to the disclosure and processing of that personal information under the terms of this policy.
D- Use of Your Personal Information
Personal information provided to us through our website will be used for the purposes described in this policy or on the relevant pages of the site. We may use your personal information to:
- Administering our website and our company;
- Personalize our website for you;
- To enable your use of the services offered on our website;
- Send you the goods purchased on our site;
- To provide you with the services purchased on our site;
- Send you statements, invoices and payment reminders, and collect your payments;
- To send you non-marketing communications;
- Send you e-mail notifications that you have expressly requested;
- To send you our newsletter by e-mail, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time of your wish not to receive our newsletter);
- To send you marketing communications relating to our company or carefully selected third party companies that we believe may be of interest to you, either in the form of a publication, or if you have expressly agreed, by e-mail or similar technology (you may inform us at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications);
- To provide statistical information about our users to third parties (without such third parties being able to identify individual users with this information);
- Handle requests and complaints about your website made by or about you;
- To maintain the security of our website and prevent fraud;
- To monitor compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website’s private messaging service); and
- Other uses.
If you submit personal information to our website for the purpose of publication, we will publish it and may use that information in accordance with the permissions you grant us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted in your privacy settings on the website.
Without your explicit consent, we will not provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing or to other third parties.
E- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set forth in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In the context of any current or future legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction purposes);
- To the purchaser (or potential purchaser) of any business or assets owned by us that we wish to (or are considering) sell; and
- To any person whom we reasonably believe to be a party to a court or other competent authority for the disclosure of such personal information if, in our opinion, such a court or authority would be likely to require disclosure of such personal information.
Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we will not share your personal information with third parties.
F- International Data Transfers
- The information we collect may be stored, processed and transferred to any country in which we operate to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- The information we collect may be transferred to the following countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India.
- Personal information that you post on our website or submit for publication may be available, via the Internet, throughout the world. We cannot prevent the use, good or bad, of this information by third parties.
- You expressly agree to the transfer of personal information described in this Section F.
G- Retention of Your Personal Information
- This Section G details our data retention policies and procedures, designed to help us comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and disposal of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose is not retained longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to section G-2, we will generally delete personal data in these categories after the time period specified below:
- This type of personal data will be deleted after 2 years;
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain records (including electronic records) containing Personal Data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe the documents may be relevant to any current or potential legal proceedings; and
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction purposes).
H- Security of Your Personal Information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all personal information you provide to us on secure servers (password and firewall protected).
- All electronic financial transactions made through our website will be protected by encryption technologies.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent over the Internet.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password you use to access our website; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
From time to time we may update this policy by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by e-mail or through our website’s private messaging service.
J- Your rights
You may ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; the transfer of such information will be subject to the following conditions
- The fee for sending data is $100 Canadian; and
- Providing sufficient proof of your identity for these purposes, we generally accept a notarized photocopy of your passport plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address. We may retain personal information you request to the extent permitted by law. You can ask us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
K- Third party websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to third-party websites and information about them. We have no control over these sites, and are not responsible for their privacy policies or practices.
L- Updating of information
Please let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- The names of the cookies we use on our website and the purposes for which we use them are described below:
a- We use Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to:
- Recognize a computer when a user visits the website
- Track users as they navigate the website
- Improve the use of a website
- Analyze the use of the website
- Administer the website
- Prevent fraud and improve website security
b-Most browsers allow you to refuse or accept cookies. For example:
- With Internet Explorer (version 10), you can block cookies by using the alternative cookie management settings available by clicking on “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- With Firefox (version 24), you can block all cookies by clicking on “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy” and then selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu and unchecking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- With Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by going to the “Personalize and control” menu and clicking on “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings” and then selecting “Prevent sites from setting data” in the “Cookies” header. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the use of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Example:
- With Internet Explorer (version 10), you must delete the cookie file manually (instructions for doing so can be found here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- With Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking on “Tools”, “Options”, and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history” and clicking on “Show cookies”, then “Delete all cookies”; and
- With Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by going to the “Personalize and control” menu and clicking on “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Delete browsing data” before clicking on “Delete cookies and module data from other sites”.
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the use of many websites.